Sunday, April 5, 2009

orecchiette with roasted broccoli and walnuts...

I've made this pasta a couple times now and it is soooo good and soooo easy! I did however make a few adjustments to better suit my taste which I have noted at the bottom. If you choose to make this dish please give us all some feedback as to how you like it and if you made any other adjustments that made it your own.


orecchiette with roasted broccoli and walnuts
12 oz orecchiette or some other short pasta
1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chooped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Kosher salt and black pepper
2TBSP unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • Heat oven to 400 F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return to the pot.
  • Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
  • Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. ( add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.

*I added the butter before the broccoli mixture so that the butter coated each piece of pasta.

*I added more broccoli, garlic and walnuts.

*Oh and I also added Spicy Italian Sausage, pulled out from casing and sauted. I added sausage to pasta at the same time that I added the other goodies. It is however awesome without the sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment